Friday, September 26, 2014

If you want to buy the oils, I can get you started ... message me on fb if you know me from there. You can become your own distributor after your first order with me if you like. That's what I did. It's still expensive but it's well worth the money

I started doing this a couple of years ago and it was the beginning of a new way of life.

Since then I make my own shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, and toothpaste all with natural ingredients.

The shampoo is so simple and it's the best I have ever found.  Your scalp and hair is so clean and soft after.  It's baking soda and water.  I take a sippy cup and fill it with baking soda and then put in hot water until it stirs smooth.

I rinse with a couple of cups of apple cider vinegar mixed into a gallon of water.  You can do that twice if you like.  Your hair will be untangled and soft.  The vinegar smell will be gone with towel drying and or a blow dry.

The deodorant is baking soda, theives essential oil, and coconut oil and then mix a jar of Burt's Bees Multi Purpose Ointment in all of that to make it silkier. It goes a long way.  And the toothpaste is baking soda, theives oil, and coconut oil.

All of the ingredients are to your liking as for the amounts.  You will learn right away how you prefer each item.  It's a part of my regular routine and I would never go back to brand items for a few reasons, but the biggest reason is that these are way better than any store bought items.  My hair isn't left with any residue of any kind, my teeth are whiter than ever and I never have bad breath, the deodorant is STELLAR - you will NEVER find another as good ever, and the conditioner rinse is PH perfect.

It is a pleasure treating myself to the spa days and my home products everyday.  I feel like I am caring for myself better than I ever have before and it also feels good to be doing right by the environment in using these natural products.

The baths are wonderful for so many things, including the magnesium that is absorbed from the Epsom Salts which stopped my leg cramps.

There is one more thing I recently added to my routine and that is Young Living Oils.  These are essential oils pressed from the leaves of different plants and trees from all over the world.  Each oil aids an ailment or even cures some diseases.  For instance Tee Tree Oil from Australia cured boils that I suffered with since I was a child.  Others cover anxiety and sleep disorders and skin rashes and diseases.  So many other things these oils do.

I got the starter kit which comes with a diffuser and that's especially nice because it's like a tiny humidifier with the essential oil of your choice that goes into the room and your lungs and skin.  It is often times nicer than a Yankee candle.

My favorites are: Thieves, Peppermint, Joy, White Angelica, Valor, Orange, Lemon, Cinnamon, and Sacred Mountain.

If you are starting on this healing path or are onto the path quite a ways already, this is an easy incorporation to the lifestyle.

I found when I couldn't do anything else I could do the baths, then I could make the products, and now I can begin an exercise routine.  It's time.  So, now that I shared it with you guys, I'm going to start it.
I'll have to write about how incorporating the exercise works out.  I imagine it will only help me to feel even better.

Still not out there rounding up new friends.  Just not really ready for phone calls and commitments.  Right now, appointments are a challenge still for me.  Don't know if that sounds weird but that's where I am with all of this right now.  I have to be glad I'm no longer in bed like I was a few years ago and for so many years.  Those days are over forever.

If you want to buy the oils, I can get you started ... message me on fb if you know me from there.  You can become your own distributor after your first order with me if you like.  That's what I did.  It's still expensive but it's well worth the money.

I don't know if you will be saving on the shampoo and conditioner because ... it might end up the same price because apple cider vinegar is three something a gallon and I use two to four cups per washing. But it's again worth it to me.  I never have oily or dry hair or dandruff any time of year.  Once you start using baking soda, you will feel cleaner than you ever have in your life.  I wash my body with the same solution as the shampoo...  baking soda and water mixed.  It's perfect.

Note to people who color their hair:  I would ask my colorist before using this formula on my hair.




No comments: