Sunday, November 23, 2014

The Narcissist Strikes Back

So I feel accomplished as the problem with the sister in law who is bent on destroying me looks to be getting solved.

She arrived at the airport, and my husband started to drive her past the hotel going towards our home when she protested, "Hey, you passed the hotel, go back!!"

She told him she didn't want to go to our house and began to cry. He said if she was going to cry, then he would take her to a hotel as she wished.

At the hotel, he paid for her four days there and she stood there wiping her tears offering him the money.  He told her no, no not now. Just get in your room and get settled after such a long flight.

Bam. Typical narcissist gets the hotel bill paid.

The ball's in his court. How can a brother who sees his crying broken sister ever ask for this money?  Even IF she offers it to him later, she knows full well, he will refuse it.

That bit of money is the only hospitality he's able to give her. I know this man well and asking for this money back or even accepting it if offered, would go against every fiber of his being.  I cannot see it happening. And by the way, every narcissist knows and counts on it never happening. Being raised by a narc gives even a decent person insight into how things go in the twisted world of the narcissist.

It's a win for me because that hotel money is a lot less than the thousands we've spent in the past on her. Still, it's not necessary as she has obviously lots of money to be traveling to the United States just for the opportunity of having this scene and being able to fly back to Egypt and tell everyone she was not greeted at the airport by me and forced to stay in a hotel.

A narcissist will do anything at any cost to be right.  For what she has done to her brother and me over the course of ten years this woman needs to save face in the family.

I can't see how that's going to happen for her, but then again, I'm not a narcissist and some of their nefarious acts, even the child of a narc cannot image or predict.

It's my job to sit tight, support my husband that he's the good man he always was and always will be, and remain confidently quiet.

When I placed that boundary with this narcissist over a year ago, my job was done.

Now, the narcissist will either elicit an inappropriate response from me for her actions, or she will fail.

She can consider that three hundred dollars a "kind" of win and forego her self-destruction with that, but rest assured there's always something more to the overall plan.

Keeping my side of the street clean... watching my back....... respecting myself.

*************************************************************
UPDATE:  The very next day after posting this, she did pay the money back for the hotel. YAY, it's great to be wrong sometimes.  Good going .. good for her.  Better for us.

Again, the hubbers did the right thing.





No comments: