Friday, November 21, 2014

Dependent NO MORE

So the day is approaching when the person who is insisting on blasting her way into my life arrives.

As you all know, she has been told that ten years of using us and taking my home and my husband are enough. She is no longer welcome in my home.

As a Muslim, I am only required to be civil to her for a period of three days if she insists on inviting herself, so should she forego staying at a hotel, I am prepared to do just that.

My husband says that I could avoid her for the days she will be here, but this is MY home and I will not avoid anyone or anything that decides to enter it.

Instead, I shall be the mother elephant here, and take good care of myself and my family. It is really essential to stand up for that inner child now and forever.

The former sitting duck or baby elephant that rolled over so easily while this person took control now is an advocate who won't tolerate being taken advantage of ever again. I am my own best protector now.

Even though I have a loving husband, his sister puts him in an awful position. While he doesn't want to see me unhappy, at the same time he doesn't want to see his own sister travel from Egypt to his town and stay a hotel. This is a disgrace to everything he knows and is. I will not force him to make that choice.

I am not controlling. I refuse to be controlling, so this will play out as it does and I will stand beside myself and be emotionally mature about having to have her here should she decide to come here instead of going to a hotel as she has told everyone in Egypt.

Funny how you feel like a child being forced to learn and to grow when faced with life's challenges from which you used to run and hide.

I know when this is over and I did the right thing, I will be all the happier and stronger for having done so.




No comments: