Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Swallowing the Assertion Narcissists are Mentally ill

by friend, Desi
This week therapy with my psychologist, Dr. Christine Terry, went really well.

I was able to speak a little about the NM and give a couple of NM examples, and I'll tell ya, the validation felt really good.

Dr. Terry was so serious, "Your mother is just really mean. My god, she's an extremely sick woman." The look on her face was priceless.  And I barely scratched the surface about monstermom, the NM. I doubt I even have to mention her in much more detail.
I'm moving on pretty well, but I can't remember why I did mention her on Tuesday - Anyway it was kind of funny, her reaction.  It's a given that she's mean lol.. but yeah that she's so mentally ill, I never for some reason, labeled her as such. Dr. Terry as much as said,  "YOU'RE not crazy, SHE is."  For real.

Huh. I guess the narcissists are the crazy ones even though it's their targets who require the therapy.


No comments: