Sunday, April 26, 2015

Dear Sittoo.... Far Away but Close in Spirit......

Grandson of Sitto Giza Plateau Egypt
Oh my Sittoo, you find yourself in the intensive care unit in Cairo, now as you navigate your ninth decade of life.

May Allah continue to bless you and keep you comfortable.

I imagine no less than 50 family members surrounding your bed as I write this post.

Just like in earlier years where every Thursday at least that many came to your small flat in Zaytoon, Cairo where you would be laughing much, while keeping track of no less than ten ongoing conversations.

May you feel the support of all of us whose lives you have touched and enriched over the many years.  My you be comforted by our love for you as you are lifted ever higher by Allah in spirit.

When I close my eyes and think of you, I feel your massive kindness to all, and I see you addressing Allah with thanks again.  Your sweet way of  sprinkling this throughout all living and conversation is your hallmark, Sittoo.  You make us all feel loved and welcome.

I image you there now being helped by the nursing staff and that of the doctors, all the while communicating with and thanking Allah.

Seems to me it is so that Allah is as close to you as your own breath.  May you be well my Sittoo, reassured and strengthened in your mind, body, and spirit as from this moment to the next.




No comments: