Wednesday, January 7, 2015

My god, it was all - every ounce of love, passion, and pain was worth it - Giving birth to and raising such a child

My son was telling me a story yesterday at dinner about the way and reason for clearing a tree branch's center.

He said it takes work to do so, but what once was the twig or branch of a tree becomes a hollow open reed from which the breath of God creates the joy of music.

Kind of I thought, a metaphor for everything worthwhile in life. Even the raising of such a son, it was like that.

You can see in him that he gets that intention is everything in life. He gets it.

Time spent with our children is life affirming.

My god, it was all - every ounce of love, passion, and pain was worth it - Giving birth to and raising such a child.



No comments: