Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Learning to Love Oneself is the Greatest Love of All


 "Learning to love oneself is the greatest love of all".........


Must be this is why when my narcissistic mother said I had a lot of hate, I told her that I do NOT hate, and besides which, her behavior no longer has the power to affect me negatively.

It just sort of calmly rolled off my tongue, naturally, as I expressed the truth about the way in which I was feeling - and this was during the last contact/confrontation.

And it is abundance that I have experienced ever since.

Little by little my healing has been both abundance, and the ushering in of abundance over the course of the last five years.  Each year is more abundant than the last - And so it goes.

The day after tomorrow Khaled and I fly to Egypt where we will enjoy a month together, and with family.  It is our first time to be living in our new flat in Tagemaa El Khems.

I imagine as I sit here in my place in Pennsylvania USA, the sunshine that awaits in Egypt. Since this time of year, here, the sun (what little we have) goes down just after 4 p.m., going where it shines so brightly and a full-day all day everyday will be - OH - so lovely.

I think too, five days or so with the Dugongs in the Red Sea are just what the doctor ordered to go with that dosage of sunshine!!  They are the manatees of the Red Sea and very friendly.  Looking forward to swimming with them should I be fortunate enough to go this time.

Seeing my mother in law and especially my sister in laws and their daughters this time just will be wonderful.  My mother in law is waiting for her mani-pedis that she always gets from me and I am excited to oblige.

Also, I think a girls night out is in order at my place for all the girls!!  Facials, manis and pedis and the works would be great.  Movies, popcorn, baking cookies - hot chocolate - YOU NAME IT.  I think we will be enjoying it.

Women in Egypt especially deserve and need a break!!  What better way to enjoy moments off than to come together and celebrate being women.  We are at the age where can celebrate both our gifts and our shortcomings.  We enjoy our health and our curves - and at this age there is no judgment or competition.

It's such a gift to enjoy the now.  In the past I was usually preoccupied with physical faults or perceived faults - even as any wonderful family gathering/interaction was taking place.  This attitude seriously cut into every good time of my life.  But thankfully this is no longer the case or even a concern.

I've come to love my imperfect body almost as much as my sweet husband, Khaled, does.  And that's quite an accomplishment.

Looking at my legs lovingly instead of with disgust and judgment, is huge for me.  And it's become natural doing so.  This, too, is a part of the healing that has been taking place in my mind and body. Really nice.

So, yeah, NM.  I have no hate.  Neither for self or for others.



No comments: